Saturday, January 9, 2010

Jeff Stansberry's Self-Penned Debut Release "Carry Me" Going for Radio Adds on January 5Adds

My song "Carry Me" was placed on a compilation c.d promoted by Double E Promotions. The compilation was released to Southern Gospel/Country Christian radio stations on January 5. I'm excited about this release. It will be my debut on radio. It will interesting to see how things go. If you have such a station close to you I would appreciate a call and request to the station.


"Carry Me" is a song I wrote about 12 years ago after looking at a print of the Footprints in the Sand. When I saw the one set of footprints the idea for the song came to me.

It was one of the songs that helped get my songwriting deal with Melody Roundup Music. Ironically enough when I signed my deal with MRM, my wife gave me a book named "Footprints" to congratulate me. It was written with scripture and commentary by Margaret Fishback Powers, the author of the famous poem written for her husband in 1964. The very writing where the beach graphic had inspired my song had been given to me by my wife, Scottie. Here is where the irony comes in. Scottie never knew where the idea for the song came from. As I looked at the cover of the book through tears of joy and wonder I realized once again how God had blessed me.


I had a nice conversation with Perry Edge, the owner of Double E Promotions, a couple of days ago. It seems that we have something in common. He is an auctioneer too. It's amazing to me the number of people that I meet in the auction business who also are singers or musicians of some sort.


If you're reading these rambling thoughts I want to thank you for taking an interest in what I'm doing. I'm gonna try not to worry about the trip but just enjoy the ride. "Use today to make a difference in someone's life".....Jeff "Ding" Stansberry


Here Jeff's Music at FaceBook or www.reverbnation.com/jeffstansberry

No comments:

Post a Comment